About timers

May 31, 2011 at 8:47 PM

It might be better to give in game time instead of real time with Auto Chat fucntion, because there are no time stamps in game chat.

Cheers

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2011 at 6:58 AM
Edited Jun 1, 2011 at 7:07 AM

Yes, this was our initial intention, but we delayed it because we were worried about reading memory. This is a temp solution.

Jun 2, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Edited Jun 2, 2011 at 12:42 PM

And what about creating internal program timer when game starts? So u dont wave to read memory. Dont know im not programist, just my sugestion

Coordinator
Jun 2, 2011 at 4:52 PM
Any ideas on how this might be achieved? Once the game executable launches it still waits for all the champions to connect and load, the timer would need to start as soon as the game starts. I am not sure exactly how to tell if the game has 'started' without reading memory. The problem with reading memory i am finding is that the memory addresses change sometimes with big updates.

On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 6:41 AM, SilVeRZerG <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

And what about creating internal program timer when game starts? So u dont wave to read memory

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (autolol@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email autolol@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 2, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I have no clue how can it be achieved. What about adding real timer somewhere in game

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:28 PM

I got some ideas... some really hard in my opinion, some feasible...

1)
LoL Recorder is able to put video controls in the UI elements.
Maybe it could be possible to display internal AutoLoL timers texts in the same way, like showing :

- Wraiths : xx:xx | xx:xx
- Red Golem : xx:xx | xx:xx
- Blue Golem : xx:xx | xx:xx
- Drake : xx:xx
- Baron:  xx:xx

Maybe its too much however, and can be considered as a "cheat"

2)
Another solution would be to get the packet coming from the server indicating the game has started.
I suppose guys from LoL Recorder know this kind of information as they are emulating a private LoL server to the client in order to render the replays.

3)
What about just having timers in AutoLoL, not displayed in LoL, that we can query and display "on-demand" with another binding, lets stay ctrl+4+1 ?

4)
Finally, real time is sufficient and thats already pretty useful !

Hope this helps

- Golem : xx:xx | xx:xx
Jun 3, 2011 at 11:02 PM
Edited Jun 3, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Hi guys,

is it possible to set t or another variable in the time format to 00:00:00 by using the autochat?

e.g.: {{t} == {00:00:00}}

Of course I don´t know how you realized this time function. I would be happy if you give me a yes or no. If yes with solution pls ^^

This would be a nice workaround for using ingame time, untill you find a better way ;)

Btw do you get the time from the windows clock? If this is the case, I could write a macro, which sets the time to 0 o´clock at the beginning of each game xD

Jun 7, 2011 at 12:43 PM

I've found another program that writes UI Timers:

http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=176441

It's still a beta though

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:11 PM
masterjoost wrote:

I've found another program that writes UI Timers:

http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=176441

It's still a beta though

I checked this one already and it was causing spike lags when i had 2 timers on

Jun 18, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Hope this is still viewed by Devs!

My recommendation is that the game prompt for current game time if the user ever attempts to use a timer.

An example could be I go into dragon at 10:05 game time. I kill dragon and press Ctrl+3+4 game starts the calc from when I press 4, and types in LoL chat '/w *usernamefromsettings* What is the current game time? (with seconds): '

user inputs ' 10:07 ' and presses enter.

AutoLoL knows from key presses the current game time, can further predict future game time, and the message is just sent to yourself?

I hope this is easily enough understood, I think it would well (well enough) and prevent any reading of memory!

Thanks,

H4ppy.

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

We are currently working on an alternative solution :)

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Have you guys seen this tool yet? http://www.jungletimer.comoj.com/

It creates a screen overlay on top of your screen, whenever you start a LoL game, and has timers up there that you can activate by using the numpad. On activation they'll then count down from x seconds to 0.

If something like that could be integrated into AutoLoL, it would be a nice solution for timers.

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2011 at 3:22 PM

We currently have a solution like this added to the next release of autolol.

On Jun 25, 2011 8:45 AM, "autolol" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:
> From: autolol
>
> Have you guys seen this tool yet? http://www.jungletimer.comoj.com/It creates a screen overlay on top of your screen, whenever you start a LoL game, and has timers up there that you can activate by using the numpad. On activation they'll then count down from x seconds to 0.If something like that could be integrated into AutoLoL, it would be a nice solution for timers.
>
>
Jul 25, 2011 at 7:26 AM

how does work this timers, i have this window opened, but in lol i dont see them?

Jul 26, 2011 at 7:29 PM

My thoughts:

1. Numeric timers overlayed on the camp icon would be best.  Progress bars do not  indicate the exact seconds till respawn and take up valuable screen real estate.

2. The ward timer is of little value as allied wards already have their own clock and it's easy to remember an enemy ward is gone in 3mins for the few times you actually see one dropped.

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:19 PM

It would be nice if the timers would also work when in full screen mode. At the moment they aren't shown when in full screen.

Also a button or key to reset all or just 1 of the timers would be useful (in case you missclick on one).

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2011 at 5:21 PM
Look at this, from the LoL forums.
This allows you to run in pseudo full screen.

your version numbers may be different.

Open this with notepad:
C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.62\deploy\DATA\CFG\game.cfg

Find:

Code:
Windowed=
Add another line after Windowed and make it look like this:
Code:
Windowed=1
BorderlessWindow=1

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 10:19 AM, autolol <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

It would be nice if the timers would also work when in full screen mode. At the moment they aren't shown when in full screen.

Also a button or key to reset all or just 1 of the timers would be useful (in case you missclick on one).

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (autolol@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email autolol@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com