AutoLoL 2 Possible New Features

May 25, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Hi all, firstly would like to say that Autolol 2 is awesome - loving the new interface and some new features!

I would just like to suggest some possible new features so here i go :)

Builds

• A search field for your builds as I have at least 1 build for every character. so you could search for the build title (which I have as the champion name), the champion itself, and a tag/keyword (see next suggestion).
  • A tagging/keyword system for your builds were you can add a tag as a 'jungle'. So when you search for 'jungle' it will filter out all the builds/champions which you have added the 'jungle' tag to. But you can also have many other tags such support, tank, roamer etc.

AutoChat

• For the 'Timers' autochat function are you able to fetch the game time rather than the system time?

Settings

• I would love to be able to disable the Model viewer to speed up load times and save on memory, are you able to put a checkbox in settings for the users who don't use this feature?

Thanks for all the hardwork guys!

May 25, 2011 at 8:00 AM
Edited May 25, 2011 at 8:01 AM

Here's some feedback from me from my experience with autolol 2.0 beta.  Bug reports aside, i would like to add some suggestions in addition to xhybrid's post.

Builds

• Tree hierarchy for different builds of the same champion. So instead of having:

Akali (build one)

Akali (build two)

Akali (build three)

Autolol can sort it into something like:

+ Akali 

Build one

Build two

Build three

• Search and tagging as the OP said
  • Better memory utilization. Currently i'm experiencing memory leaks (bug report already sent from within the client) with autolol consuming more than 150mb of ram
  • Better parsing of builds from leaguecraft and/or mobafire. Instead of just parsing the masteries, you could parse the whole page including items, bbcode formating etc. Since you already have a parser set, it would be easy enough to implement it i think
  • Bring back the nice dark ui ;)
May 25, 2011 at 10:07 AM

As I tell other people: read other posts first :P

http://autolol.codeplex.com/discussions/258736

but nevermind...

I've said almost all things you said here already, but I do agree on the search field.

Autolol does sometimes take a lot of memory, so an option of disabling skin viewer would be nice ;)

As for the OP:

The timers are going to be made to display gametime,

Didn't you the mail that was presented with the autolol 2.0  beta?

"While the Auto Chat tab still looks the same, it should now be a lot more stable. We would very much like you to try it out and let us know if it works for you (and if it didn't work before). You are now able to add timestamps to your messages. It currently uses the system time, but we hope to change this to actual game time later on. An example of how this works is included as well."

But they also say:

"The Submit Bug tab was made for the beta version. Make sure you provide us with the right information when using it."

Why would you remove it?

If someone has an error, they can simply fill out the forms and you'll  be done.

May 25, 2011 at 11:01 AM

"Didn't you the mail that was presented with the autolol 2.0  beta?"

Whoops sorry i missed out on the beta invite, so I had a friend compile the source code for me ;) thanks for the info.

May 25, 2011 at 11:03 AM

No problem, but I really do need to read my own line:

"Didn't you the mail" XD