Setting skill macro's

Mar 18, 2011 at 7:41 PM

 

 

There are a lot of champions with skills you need to aim.

Like kassadin's rift walk or ashe's volley.

 

I would like to see an macro for those skills (that you can set on another button).

For example:

'Q' is your target skill

and you want (for example) 'A' to do your skill instantly.

so it's like:

if A is pressed
send q
wait ...
send left click
end if

or in autohotkey

A::
send Q
wait
send click
return

I've tried using autohotkey for this, but for some reason LoL won't accept them.

 

If this is possible you can spam "lay waste" of karthus.

Because you can mouseover where you want your skill, and with 1 press of a button, it automatically creates  it.

(so: A = Q + left click)

Mar 18, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Move Combo's can also be made, but they are kinda hard, because with every skill you'll need to click at the enemy champion...

so only aim skills shall benefit from this.

Coordinator
Mar 18, 2011 at 11:43 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, we can look into doing something like this.
However, are you aware though that you can already insta cast by using Left Alt + Q-R for example if I want to throw my cleaver as Mundo all I have to do is press left-alt + Q and it will throw it to where my cursor is.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 3:56 PM, masterjoost <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: masterjoost

Move Combo's can also be made, but they are kinda hard, because with every skill you'll need to click at the enemy champion...

so only aim skills shall benefit from this.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (autolol@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email autolol@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Mar 19, 2011 at 10:25 AM
Edited Mar 19, 2011 at 10:37 AM

LOL I didn't know XD

Riot games could make an manual about the game controlls?

Like Moving shaco's clone etc.

Would be nice if there was an keybind for it too.

But the insta cast is "smart cast", and on my pc it was Shift + Q-R

This really helps me out :D

 

But every char has different skills.

For Example:

Mundo has his cleaver (Q)

Kassadin got his riftwalk (R)

 

So it would be nice to choose from keybinds for (q-w-e-r)

Like mundo for example:

Q = smartcast summoner spell 1 (Infected Cleaver)

W = cast summoner spell 2 (Burning Agony)

E = cast summoner spell 3 (Masochism)

R = cast summoner spell 4 (Sadism)

 

If you want all smart cast? choose it.

But different keybinds for every char.

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2011 at 7:40 PM

I personally think that such macro's cross a very thin line between cheating and legal game play.

It's difficult to decide what is cheating and what is not, so I personally am against implementing such functionality in AutoLoL just to be safe.

Mar 20, 2011 at 7:48 PM
saphua wrote:

I personally think that such macro's cross a very thin line between cheating and legal game play.

It's difficult to decide what is cheating and what is not, so I personally am against implementing such functionality in AutoLoL just to be safe.

True True, now you say it, it's like way overpowered XD

But to be able to choose between smart-cast and normal cast isn't cheating.

If you could implement that, It would be great :D

Because if I can spam mundo's cleaver with 1 press of a button :D

And then switch to another champ, that I could just load my preferences ;)

 

But then I just came up with another Idea (not sure if you could make it)

But Like an Reader thats reads what champion you chose, and then loads your preferences into LoL.

Just an idea ;)

Coordinator
Mar 20, 2011 at 8:21 PM
I don't think implementing a smart-cast macro would be the best thing for AutoLoL and we would never implement something like that without the Okay from Riot, and I don't even want to go there. However your other idea is excellent and I can see that being a very useful feature. We will discuss it and see if its something we want to pursue. If you want feel free to start a separate thread for it and see what kind of response it receives. If it's high it may go up on the priority list.


Mar 20, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Edited Mar 20, 2011 at 8:56 PM
Willowsticks wrote:
I don't think implementing a smart-cast macro would be the best thing for AutoLoL and we would never implement something like that without the Okay from Riot, and I don't even want to go there. 

No no you're getting me wrong.

There already is an Smartcast in LoL wach automatically cast your spell on target.

Willowsticks wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, we can look into doing something like this.
However, are you aware though that you can already insta cast by using Left Alt + Q-R for example if I want to throw my cleaver as Mundo all I have to do is press left-alt + Q and it will throw it to where my cursor is.

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 3:56 PM, masterjoost <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: masterjoost

Move Combo's can also be made, but they are kinda hard, because with every skill you'll need to click at the enemy champion...

so only aim skills shall benefit from this.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (autolol@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email autolol@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

 

What I would like to to is in fact a keybind profile witch if different for each champ (if you want)

So you can set the first item (potion) for jungle on a key near his skills (like the A-Key)

Mar 26, 2011 at 2:49 PM

I have a friend of mine that plays LoL too, and he usually plays karthus.

He would like to have an chat-message when he uses his skill.

He would like that if karthus uses his ulti, he would say: "Ima charging my laser!" or "Shoop da whoop!" for Lux.

Apr 1, 2011 at 12:40 PM

This is definitely not viable in my opinion. Aiming a spell requires actual skill from the player so do reaction times regarding combos.

I'd consider messing with this as suggested cheating as for not everyone is playing using AutoLoL in order to benefit from such improvement.

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:31 PM
GrigOrig wrote:

This is definitely not viable in my opinion. Aiming a spell requires actual skill from the player so do reaction times regarding combos.

I'd consider messing with this as suggested cheating as for not everyone is playing using AutoLoL in order to benefit from such improvement.

Well cheating is a bit excessive.

But to implement an keybind profile for each champ?
smart-cast is already in the game, it's now for the key bind-profiles

That's handy for players that uses different champs.