default browsers

Dec 30, 2010 at 6:25 PM

-AutoLoL opens IE even though that is not my default browser

-have you ever considered an auto update feature like the one implemented in LoL Item Changer (link)

Great problem even though i dont use it.

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Thanks for your suggestions.

1. Will sure look into this.

2. Yes, it is on the todo list, although it doesn't have our highest priority at the moment.

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:06 PM

woah, i meant great program...

Dec 31, 2010 at 6:10 PM

also, your documentation on settings tab is slightly out of date.

Coordinator
Jan 1, 2011 at 4:36 PM
Edited Jan 1, 2011 at 4:37 PM

Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure AutoLoL already attempts to open webpages in the default browser. Are you sure your system or your browser are configured properly?

Jan 3, 2011 at 5:33 PM

OMG if you put that item changer feature into AutoLoL it would make it even more amazing. Also even tho I have FF as my default browser it uses IE whenever I click a link on the addon...

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM

I've read something about Firefox not registering the right information to count as the 'default' browser for the method we're using. I will look into this and see what we can do.

The Auto Update feature is currently under development and should be released any time soon.

I will keep the item changing feature in mind for the future, releasing community based features have a higher priority for me.

Jan 8, 2011 at 10:45 PM

I'm using Chrome as default browser but it opens IE, too. Not a big problem, but a fix would be nice. Thank you!

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Will make an issue of this and look into this asap.

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:01 AM

I'm using Chrome as my default browser and its only in the News box where links open in IE. The Codeplex and League of Legends links work perfectly aswell as the links in the About tab.

Thanks for the great app =D

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2011 at 2:01 PM

Ok good to know. This makes sense, since it's a default .Net webbrowser control and probably only uses IE internally. Will see what I can do.